Which Home Health Should I Choose?
A Home Health Care agency should be selected to meet your individual care needs. You have the right to choose any home health care provider who is qualified to provide the services you need. Your best protection is selecting care from a licensed, high quality agency after you have spent some time researching the agencies in this area.
The following are a few questions to consider and ask the Home Health Care agency:
- Is your agency certified by Medicare? (Only Medicare certified agencies can provide services covered by your Medicare benefit. Not all agencies participate in the Medicare program.
- Is the Home Health Care agency licensed by the State of Utah?
- Does the Home Health Care agency provide written statements describing services, eligibility requirements, fees, funding sources, patient rights, complaint procedures, and emergency arrangements?
- What is the Home Health Care agency’s service area?
- Is service available seven days a week?
- What will the agency do in emergency situations?
- How is the plan of care developed?